During college I accumulated an extensive list of books that I wanted to read, but among all my required reading for classes (and some laziness, I’ll confess) I never got around to them. Now that I have more time to free up some head space for reading of my own choosing, I have toted a veritable library with me to Ecuador to occupy my time.
Below is a list of some of the books that I am going to be reading while in Ecuador. As I finish them I hope to review them and reflect on how they inform my experiences in Ecuador. Have any recommendations for me? Let me know, I’m always looking for something new!
- The Americas: A Hemispheric History, Felipe Fernández-Armesto
- Havana Real, Yoani Sanchez
- Amor & Exile, Nicole Salgado and Nathaniel Hoffman
- When Helping Hurts, Steve Corbett & Brian Fikkert
- Gringa Latina, Gabriella De Ferrari
- Animal Farm, George Orwell